Following are key numbers Floridians should keep in mind when it comes to Amendment 2:
- 300 THC-infused candies, cookies and other foods that Amendment 2 makes legal. No child will be able to distinguish THC candies from non-toxic versions.
- Nearly 2000 pot shops spread across Florida, each one pushing THC products.
- More than 100,000 independent distributors and potential growers of pot and THC products. Based on Department of Health estimates, Florida’s cities and towns will have a THC distributor on average every 250 yards.
- More than 2 million people currently addicted to THC across the United States.
- More than $1 billion in projected THC sales in Florida alone if Amendment 2 passes – more than the Jacksonville Jaguars, Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Miami Dolphins combined take in annually.
- More THC sales projected for Florida than any other state except California should Amendment 2 pass.
- More than $20 billion in THC sales projected to happen nationwide within four years.