Luke Gregory Goodman, age 22, from Oklahoma was on vacation in Colorado. He was on a family ski trip in Keystone. The Summit County Coroner’s Office said witnesses told investigators that Goodman ate multiple servings of THC-infused candies. Some hours after eating the candies, he shot himself in the head and after two days on hospital life support, died.
Category: THC Casualties (Page 2 of 2)
According to the Denver Post, on April 14, 2014 “Kristine Kirk called 911 and pleaded for help as she told the operator her husband was ranting about the end of the world, asking her to shoot him and ‘totally hallucinating.'” Richard Kirk had ingested part of a powerful THC-infused edible.
A lawsuit has been filed on behalf of the couple’s three surviving children charging that the edible manufacturer “recklessly and purposefully failed to warn him about the bite-sized candy’s potency and possible side effects — including hallucinations and other psychotic behaviors” according to the Denver Post.
After eating a single cookie containing 6.5 doses of THC that cost a mere $10, Levi Thamba Pongi jumped from a fourth floor hotel balcony to his death. The cookie contained just 2.3 thousandths of an ounce of THC but caused him to act “crazy” including “smashing room furniture, lamps and the television.” According to press reports, THC concentration in his blood was just 7.2 nanograms (less than a billionth of an ounce), only 2.2 nanograms per milliliter of blood more than the official level defined for impaired driving. See Denver Post for more details.